By default, Windows Messenger starts when you boot the system. Which, of course, affects the speed of loading and takes up system resources. To do this follow this step :
At the command prompt Start – Run (or Win + R), enter (you can copy from here):
RunDll32 advpack.dll, LaunchINFSection% windir% \ INF \ msmsgs.inf, BLC.Remove
Press Enter or click OK . Everything. After rebooting, Windows Messenger on your computer will not show up.
Step # 2. Turn off indexing.
Open the ” My Computer “, click the right mouse button on the icon you want the hard drive and choose” Properties . ” In the dialog that opens, uncheck ” Allow indexing disk for fast searching . ” After pressing the button ” Apply “or” OK “will appear new window where you will be asked whether to apply the selected attributes to the current drive or attached to files and folders as well. As a result, the system will run a little faster. Applies only for disks with file system NTFS.
Step # 3. Archive files are not folders.
View function zip-archives as folders (and, incidentally, like most previous ones) it makes sense to turn off, if you have a slow computer. On slower machines, you can force Windows XP to give up this opportunity. As usual – Win + R (or Start-Run)
regsvr32 / u zipfldr.dll
All you can bring back the team
Step # 4. Set the optimum value of the swap file.
The swap file Windows – is a virtual memory. The swap file allows you to increase system performance, as well as some programs. So, the System Properties Memory – Change .
It is recommended to set the same initial and maximum size. For normal operation, enough available memory to multiply by 1.5. Gaming memory is required in two, two and a half times as much.
Step # 5. Disabling unused services in Windows XP.
To speed up the system, you can disable unnecessary system services. At the same time and free up some system resources. Below are the services that can usually be safely disabled.
- Automatic Update. Update the system can be manually, especially if there is no direct connection to the Internet. Do not forget to cancel the same time and automatic updates of the same name the properties tab of the system.
- The browser ( Computer Browser ). The process of updating the list of computers on the network. In the absence of a network is not needed.
- Encryption Service ( Cryptographic Service ). Service secure key exchange and encryption of data transmitted in the network. If there is no local network, then this service can be disabled if the network is there – decide for yourself …
- DHCP Client ( DHCP client ). Deals with automatic distribution of IP-addresses. If there is no network (or LAN or the Internet, even over a modem), then this service is not required.
- Messaging service ( Messenger ). Responsible for receiving and sending messages to the administrator. In the absence of the network (and administrator) is absolutely useless.
- Network Connections ( Network Connections ). Manage all your network connections. If there is no network (including internet connection), then this service is not required.
- Print spooler ( Print Spooler ). Is not needed if there is no printer.
- Remote Registry Service . The remote control registry. We need only to network administrators.
- Task Scheduler. Provides run applications in a given time. If this option is not used, it can be disabled.
- System Event Notification . Monitors system events. If everything is already set up and works fine, you can disable.
- Portable Media serial number . Responsible for getting the serial number of portable music devices to your computer.
- Protected Storage . Responsible for protecting sensitive data, including users’ keys; prohibits unauthorized access. If there is no network (including Internet), or if you do not care about security, then this service can also be disabled.
- SSDP Discovery . Provides the external devices that support UPnP (universal system Plug & Play, which, by design, must link the computer with the various appliances, such as a vacuum cleaner or a refrigerator).
- Telephony . Interaction with the modem. No modem – turn it off.
- Terminal Service . Used to remotely control a computer over a network. home user, this function, in general, to anything.