There will be 2 kinds of errors:
1. Error code 2B00 on the monitor screen when you print your document. Here the error 2B00 preview:
2. Error code on printer display. The display will give error code P07 and the printer won’t start to print.
How to fix Canon printer with error code 2B00 or P07..? Follow these steps:
Step 1: Entering Service Mode
In this step, you will only doing the something with your printer:
- The printer condition is OFF, press and hold the Start/Stop button (Resume/Cancel in some other models).
- While holding the Start/Stop button, press and hold the POWER button.
- When the POWER LED (green light) lit, release the Start/Stop button (still holding the POWER button).
- Press the Start/Stop button TWICE (still holding the POWER button)
- Release the POWER button.
- Wait for the LCD to display “0″ (zero). (please be patient)
Step 2: Working with Resetter / Service tool Software applications
You have to work with the computer (just look at to your computer monitor 🙂 ).
- Run Canon Service Tool application (do not have the software?, then download the Canon printer Service Tool first)
- Confirm detected USB-port numbers on USB port column.
- Click “Main button” on Clear ink counter section. Make sure there are papers in the paper feed since the printer will print soon after the process is complete.
- Click “platen button” on the “Clear ink counter” section. The printer will print again.
While all steps are done, then turn off the printer and then turn the printer on. You printer should be ready for use.
Good luck.. 🙂
Note: The MP258 is the one of MP series Canon printers. The steps how to fix Canon error 2B00 or P07 might be work for other Canon MP series such as MP198 and MP270/278.