- Hold down the ” paper “or” cancel “(triangle surrounded by a red circle) for 3 to 4 seconds until the light stops flashing.
- Repeat this process by staying at least 15 seconds on the same button.
- The cartridges are thus reprogrammed.
If this method does not work or for other printers:
(attention, you should reload the cartridges regularly to avoid damaging the print head located on the cartridge.)
- Keep the power on
- Glue a small piece of tape on the first row of contacts on the cartridge.
- This must be done in parallel on both cartridges.
- Establish both cartridges in the printer and close the cover.
- The first error message appears on the screen.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Remove the tape from the first row of contacts and paste it on the second.
- Place the cartridges in the printer and close the cover.
- Wait for the new error message to remove the cartridges from the printer and remove
- Completely tape cartridges.
- The cartridges are reset or reprogrammed.
(This is true for older printers, the new Canon printers using these cartridges have a special program where this method no longer works.)